Customer Service Manager – Sheridan IN
Department: Customer Service
Division: Animal Health
Location: Corporate Office – Sheridan (Preferred)
Reports To: COO
Job Location: Sheridan, IN 46069
Hours / Week: 40+
Manages two Customer Service Specialists in the new Customer Service team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and managing performance of employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
We are seeking an experienced Customer Service Manager who will be responsible for owning, developing, and maintaining the post-implementation customer. Oversee development of 2+ Customer Service Support Specialists responsible for maximizing UAH product and services in the market place. This team delivers the ongoing customer Service for company’s product and service portfolio, including customer metrics and analytics, recurring business reviews, ongoing training, and ad hoc customer support that meets and exceeds our customer centric obligations.
The Customer Service Manager (CSM) is responsible for managing the customer order and fulfillment management process that will drive and support the UAH customer centric quality and service objectives. The CSM supervises a team that will oversee daily customer relationship management issues, process improvements, and collaboration with other areas involved in the customer order and delivery process.
The CSM creates and maintains the necessary processes for successful order fulfillment around product and facility knowledge, customer needs, and systems/tools necessary to execute with both internal and external customers. This role also interacts strategically with other managers on the sales, marketing, supply chain, and operations team, focusing on process improvement and collaboration.
The CSM is responsible for the overall positive relationship between the business and its external customers at all times while representing the customer’s perspective throughout the company.
- Create and develop Company standards and processes for broad customer relations programs that address both the company’s obligations and customer expectations.
- Serve as the heightened escalation point for customers struggling with an understanding of their product or service, contractual agreements, compliance concerns, and other pertinent data to develop clear service solutions.
- Partner with sales to support the ongoing relationship of existing customers and addition of new accounts. Oversee the creation of plans and processes tied to new account onboarding and training.
- Identify and implement a CSS (Customer Service Software) platform for the organization. Monitor progress, communications and documentation within sales account management system.
- Receives and evaluates customer feedback as well as monitor all processes that come into direct contact with the customer. Their responsibilities can be divided into several roles and stages of customer engagement. Responsible for setting the tone and consistency of training and mentoring team members on serving customers with educational tips.
- Consistently review strategic or critical territory middle market accounts to ensure a standard for benchmarking of account support performance and retention.
- Ensure the CS team analyzes and reviews data across multiple accounts and customer locations
- Regularly contact assigned large accounts and KOLs to ensure customer requirements are being met, understanding of reporting and processes and general market feedback.
- Ensure team members (sales, supply chain, finance) are aware of acceptable processes and regularly institute such plans with active accounts.
- Regularly create, customize, and manage report requests utilizing various data sources Partner with Sales, Sales Operations, Product Management, IT and Finance to ensure strong internal communication, resulting in a positive reputation amongst our customers.
- Translate the daily outputs into trends, financial summaries, and statistics for senior management and other product stakeholders.
- Manage, coach, develop, mentor, and regularly assess and review performance metrics for a team of direct reports composed of support individual contributor roles.
- Support and promote the performance standards and values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Support occasional after hours / weekend support escalations as needed for critical accounts.
- Getting Information
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates • Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships • Interacting With Computers
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others
- Documenting/Recording Information
Detailed Work Activities
- Analyze data to inform operational decisions or activities. • Develop organizational goals or objectives.
- Direct administrative or support services.
- Hire personnel.
- Recommend organizational process or policy changes.
Occasional standing; walking; frequently sitting; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; employee is regularly talking and listening;
Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment:
Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds;
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; ability to adjust focus;
Years of Experience: 8-10
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Degree or Formal Training: Business Administration / Marketing / Agribusiness
- 8-10 years professional experience in customer service activities
- 5-10 years professional experience in utilizing customer service technology platforms or e-commerce
- 5+ years supervisory experience
- Active Listening
Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension
Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Service Orientation
Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness
Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Complex Problem Solving Skills
- Complex Problem Solving
Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making
Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Resource Management Skills
- Time Management
Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Management of Personnel Resources
Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Management of Financial Resources
Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
Desktop Computer Skills
Using a computer application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
Using a computer application to create, manipulate, edit, and show virtual slide presentations.
Using scroll bars, a mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer’s operating system. Being able to access and switch between applications and files of interest.
Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs.
- Customer and Personal Service
- Administration and Management • English Language
- Computers and Electronics
- Notebook computers
- Desktop computers
- Mobile phones
- Personal computers
- Personal digital assistant PDAs or organizers
Personal digital assistants PDA
- Special purpose telephones
Multi-line telephone systems
- Tablet computers
- Electronic mail software
- Internet browser software
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Project management software
- Document management software
Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Office suite software
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Sick Leave