Customer Service Specialist – Sheridan IN
Customer Service Specialist
Division: Animal Health
Location: Corporate Office – Sheridan, IN
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Hours / Week: 40
Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. The Customer Service Specialist (CSS) will participate in the customer order and fulfillment management process that will drive and support the UAH customer centric quality and service objectives. The Customer Service Operations team will oversee daily customer relationship management issues, process improvements, and collaboration with other areas involved in the customer order and delivery process.
The CSS is involved in the overall positive relationship between the business and its external customers at all times while representing the customer’s perspective throughout the company.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
- Receive and process all customer orders and associated invoices.
- Manage all order changes necessary due to production shortages, incomplete information, missing funds and various other reasons.
- Facilitate customer inquiries and provide solution-based information to internal and external customers.
- Act as a liaison between external and internal customers – including Sales, Finance, Supply Chain, and Product Management. Refer unresolved customer issues to designated departments for further investigation.
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments.
- Schedule and participate in customer experience meetings to continually identify, develop, and implement consistent processes and procedures from order intake to cash receipt.
- Identify, maintain, and report on customer experience metrics.
- Manage the support and training of customer service personnel and customers on the use of available technology platforms (Smart Order, Online Account Management, etc).
- Monitor all customer escalation issues and assist to improve complex processes by recommending solutions.
- Make credit decisions within assigned authority, work with customers on payment solutions, and participate in legal and third-party collection cases as necessary.
- Develop and standardize written policy documentation related to the credit and customer set-up process
- Support and promote the performance standards and values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Support occasional after hours / weekend support escalations as needed for critical accounts.
- Getting Information
- Interacting With Computers
- Communicating with Persons Outside the Organization Communicating with Supervisors,
- Peers, or Fellow Employees Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
- Processing Information
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
Detailed Work Activities
- Calculate costs of goods or services.
- Collect deposits, payments or fees.
- Coordinate operational activities.
- Discuss goods or services information with customers or patrons.
- Execute sales or other financial transactions.
- Maintain financial or account records.
- Prepare documentation for contracts, transactions, or regulatory compliance.
- Promote products, services, or programs.
- Provide notifications to customers or dealers.
- Refer customers to appropriate team members.
- Respond to customer problems or complaints.
- Review customer insurance information.
Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Years of Experience: 2
Education: Associate’s Degree
Degree or Formal Training: Agricultural Economics, Business, or other related major – Or, equivalent professional experience
Additional Information: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Active Listening
Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension
Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning
Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision- making.
- Service Orientation
Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness
Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
Resource Management Skills
- Time Management
Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
Desktop Computer Skills
Using a computer application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
Using a computer application to create, manipulate, edit, and show virtual slide presentations.
Using scroll bars, a mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer’s operating system. Being able to access and switch between applications and files of interest.
Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs.
- Customer and Personal Service
- Computers and Electronics
- Desktop computers
- Access software
- Internet browser software
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Office suite software
- Presentation software
- Project management software
- Spreadsheet software
- Time accounting software
Kronos Workforce Timekeeper
- Word processing software
- Clothing/Uniform Allowance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Sick Leave