Job Title: Customer Service Specialist
Department: AN / AH / Ops
Posting Date: January 2020
We are seeking a Customer Service Specialist to be part of a team that delivers the ongoing
customer experience for company’s product and service portfolio, including customer metrics
and analytics, recurring business reviews, ongoing training, and ad hoc customer support that
meets and exceeds our customer centric obligations.
The Customer Service Specialist (CSS) will participate in the customer order and fulfillment management process that will drive and support the UAH customer centric quality and service objectives. The Customer Service Operations team will oversee daily customer relationship management issues, process improvements, and collaboration with other areas involved in the customer order and delivery process.
The CSS is involved in the overall positive relationship between the business and its external customers at all times while representing the customer’s perspective throughout the company.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties, but not limited to the following:
- Receive and process all customer orders and associated invoices. •
- Identify, maintain, and report on customer experience metrics.
- Manage all order changes necessary due to production shortages, incomplete information, missing funds and various other reasons.
- Facilitate customer inquiries and provide solution-based information to internal and external customers.
- Act as a liaison between external and internal customers – including Sales, Finance, Supply Chain, and Product Management.
- Schedule and participate in customer experience meetings to continually identify, develop, and implement consistent processes and procedures from order intake to cash receipt.
- Manage the support and training of customer service personnel and customers on the use of available technology platforms (Smart Order, Online Account Management, etc).
- Monitor all customer escalation issues and assist to improve complex processes by recommending solutions.
- Make credit decisions within assigned authority, work with customers on payment solutions, and participate in legal and third-party collection cases as necessary.
- Develop and standardize written policy documentation related to the credit and customer set-up process.
- Support and promote the performance standards and values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Support occasional after hours / weekend support escalations as needed for critical
Additional Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Typical Work Environment
- Majority of work is conducted in a temperature controlled office environment
In order to apply for this position, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
Minimum Job Qualification Requirements:
- AS degree in Ag Econ, Business or other related major, or equivalent professional experience
Relevant Job Experience:
- 2 – 3 years professional experience in customer service activities
- 2 – 3 years professional experience in utilizing customer service technology platforms or e-commerceSpecialized Job/Technical Knowledge:
- General knowledge of logistical procedures for product distribution
- General knowledge of basic accounting procedures and accounts receivables
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, email and the company’s financial software system
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with ability to work effectively with others
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in performing work
- Ability to diplomatically deal with challenging customers and stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task and resolve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Champion of United Animal Health Cultural Values
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs. periodically
- Follow all company safety procedures and safety regulations
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- BS Degree in Agriculture Economics, Business Administration or equivalent professional experience