Farm Research Coordinator – Frankfort, IN
Position Title: Farm Research Coordinator
Group / Department: UAH / Research
Position Reports To: Research Farm Manager
Location: Frankfort, IN
Approx. # of People Supervised: 0
FLSA Classification: Exempt (Salary)
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate and oversee the daily activities associated
with all research trials at a research farm. This person will work closely with the research
scientists and associates to collaborate on ideas to improve research and facilitate the needs of
current and upcoming trials.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties, but not limited to the following:
- Oversee the daily tasks associated with current and ongoing research projects.
- Enter the daily weigh and feed data into Excel spreadsheets and upload to the corporate website.
- Make research trial diets, as necessary, and operate the Fancom feed system.
- Assist in the weighing of trial pigs, vacuuming feed to record weights, and record feed consumption.
- Assist in general production practices of a grow/finish swine farm and be responsible for all duties associated with it. This includes vaccinating, giving medicinal treatments, adjusting ventilation, recording daily observations, etc.
In order to apply for this position, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
Skill & Knowledge Requirements:
- Prefer an agricultural background
- Knowledge of research trial protocols and practices
- Moderate ability to utilize spreadsheets for data entry and analysis
- Basic understanding of animal nutrition principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science, Agriculture or other relevant major, or equivalent
Relevant Experience Requirements:
- 1-2 years experience working with livestock preferred
- 1+ year experience conducting research preferred
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs regularly
- Ability to work in a farm environment in both hot and cold environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Detail orientated
- Excellent accuracy of work
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (including Excel) and company e-mail system
- Ability to follow strict bio-security procedures
- Follow all company safety procedures and regulations
- Wear personal protective equipment, as appropriate