Position Title: Mill Operator I
Position Reports To: Production Supervisor
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Approx. # of People Supervised: 0
Job Grade: N2
Summary/Purpose of Position:
The primary function or purpose of this position is to operate the mill equipment and manufacture a high-quality feed in a time efficient manner, plus proactively problem-solve issues in order to avoid production downtime.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Batch bulk ingredients and follow QA manual for sequencing and flushing
- Micro batch hand adds for mixer
- Restock and rotate warehouse with site products, ingredients, medications and pellets.
- Package & palletize 20-60 lb. bags of feed, rotate old product and load and receive bulk trucks.
- Perform housekeeping duties to keep facility clean and organized, fix broken bags, plus perform inventory control activities to maintain accurate accounting of various feed products.
- Receive incoming ingredients and rotate them in the warehouse
- Pick or load outbound products for customers, other United facilities and United delivery trucks
- Perform other miscellaneous duties, as assigned by supervisor, including refilling empty LP tanks, substitute for route drivers and in production and maintenance, as needed.
Additional Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Maintain good quality wood pallets for shipping
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Typical Work Environment
- Majority of work is conducted in a warehouse/office/outside environment where temperature extremes are common and the environment is dusty.
Minimum Job Qualification Requirements:
- S. degree, GED or equivalent professional experience
- Qualified Individual education, training or experience necessary to manufacture, process, pack, or hold safe animal food appropriate to the individual’s assigned duties
Relevant Job Experience:
- 0 – 2 years professional experience in warehouse environment
- 0 – 2 years experience in feed production environment
Specialized Job/Technical Knowledge:
- Knowledge of how to operate forklifts
- Knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of how to drive trucks
- Knowledge of company procedures and work instructions
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to organize space
- Ability to maintain records
- Valid drivers license
- Forklift license
- Ability to lift 75 or more pounds periodically
- Follow all company safety procedures and safety regulations in order to maintain a safe working environment
- Wear dusk mask, rubber gloves, breathing apparatus, as needed
- Wear eye & ear protection
- Wear bump cap
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- CDL driver’s license preferred