Position Title: Global Fulfillment Specialist
Department / Group: UAH / Pivotal Ingredients
Position Reports To: Sr. Director of Operations
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Approx. # of People Supervised: 1
Summary / Purpose of Position:
The Global Fulfillment Specialist is responsible for overall functional excellence for United Animal Health Global Operations and Pivotal Ingredients to accurately and quickly transact all aspects of customer-facing operations for United Global businesses. Main areas of execution are: Order Capture, Supply Chain Planning & Execution and Invoicing, Documentation & Service. These areas include: order management, global credit information and management, quality issues, price administration, invoicing, import & export documentation, and customer complaints.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Direct and ensure accurate and timely order processing, including order entry, shipment tracking, and invoicing.
- Ensure order transactions comply with all applicable domestic and foreign regulatory bodies.
- Coordinate communication of order status and manage dashboard to provide transparency.
- Oversee the customer product sampling process, critical for new customer evaluations and sales contracts.
- Maintain close relationships and coordinate activities with Sales, Manufacturing, Transit, Finance Credit/Accounts Receivable, and Customer Service.
- Ensures compliance with all financial and regulatory requirements.
Supply Chain Planning & Execution:
- Optimize shipment, delivery and transit process from “PO to Port”.
- Help with manufacturing prioritization and production scheduling for international shipments.
- Works with regulatory team to validate labeling to ensure orders have proper registration.
- Manage QA/QC status and associated communications.
- Provide oversight on customer inventory management functions, including vendor managed inventory procedures.
- Responsible for position management of inventory and buying positions across multiple vendors and customers.
- Continually seeks improvements in areas of cost reduction and process improvements to increase customer satisfaction.
- Develop Order Fulfillment Key Performance Indicators measuring service levels and costs. Measure performance against these KPIs and develops action plans to exceed targets.
Invoicing, Documentation & Service:
- Oversees applicable customer inventory management, reconciliation of any matters related to invoicing, and reporting relevant information concerning customer order activities to meet service levels established by the business.
- Direct international CSR activities and customer communications related to price increases, order lead times, monthly/quarterly/annual financial close, and product allocation and availability issues.
- Work with Customer Service to help coordinate communication to external and internal customers.
- Monitor and report on customer satisfaction; provide recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor customer complaints and respond within agreed timing guidelines for complaints assigned to Customer Service.
- Accountable for managing customers short-term and medium-term demand requirements based on feedback from commercial team.
Additional Job Responsibilities / Duties
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Typical Work Environment
- Work is conducted in a temperature-controlled office; however, some activities will be in non-temperature-controlled facilities.
- Travel may be required based upon business need – up to 25%
Minimum Job Qualification Requirements:
Education / Training:
- BS or BA Degree in technical or financial related areas, MBA preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing-oriented customer service function
- International experience preferred
Specialized Job / Technical Knowledge:
- Computer literacy including extensive knowledge of Great Plains or ERP software, Microsoft Office Suite
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and across different locations
- External customer-facing experience related to relationship building
- High degree of competency in written and oral communications
- Continually drive effective results
- Ability to identify root-cause challenges, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to adapt and respond appropriately to change
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
- Owns communication externally with the customer and internally at UAH
- Champion of UAH Culture
United Animal Health Core Competencies:
- Responsibility & Initiative: Employee holds himself or herself and fellow employees to a high standard of performance, personal accountability and professionalism. They take initiative to do what is needed and work to achieve positive company results in a timely, trusting, and effective manner.
- Interpersonally Adaptable: Employee respectfully adapts to others internally or externally. They communicate effectively within a variety of work situations. They engage with a variety of people and appreciate differing opinions and perspectives.
- Customer Centric: Employee focuses on discovering and understanding the needs of our internal/external customers and proactively provide appropriate solutions to build enduring relationships.
- Passion: Employee consistently demonstrates dedication, passion and energy. They persevere in a positive manner in challenging situations. They demonstrate resilience and drive. They approach their work with a sense of personal pride.
Licenses / Certification:
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds periodically
- Follow all company safety procedures and safety regulations