Position Title: IT Helpdesk and Support Technician
Department / Division: IT/Corporate
Position Reports To: IT Director Enterprise Solutions
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Approx. # of People Supervised: 0
Summary/Purpose of Position:
Provide Tier 1 computer and network support to company end users. Answer questions or resolve technical problems in person, via telephone or electronically. May additionally provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Front-facing contact for internal ticketing system and calls to HelpDesk
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software
- Work with Network Administrators to learn and provide backup and overflow support on services related to backend individual servers and services (both physical and virtual), connectivity solutions, cloud services (i.e. Office 365, etc.), telephony solutions, etc.
- Vendor relationship development, vendor and contract management for responsible areas
- Join with the various business units, teams and positions to gain a greater understanding of the processes and issues, creating the ability to provide better solutions and technical training, resulting in greater corporate technical advances and results.
- Teaching others how to do something
- Actively looking for ways to help people
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at appropriate times
- Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions
- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
Additional Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Continuing professional education and training, as required
- Attend and actively participate in regular and special departmental and company meetings
- Travel, as required, to perform regular responsibilities/duties
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive internal and external information
Typical Work Environment
- Majority of work is conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Travel to remote locations and possible non-temperature-controlled environments happens occasionally.
- Can be hybrid work schedule to include both remote (home) and office locations based on task requirements.
Minimum Job Qualification Requirements
- Associates degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience
- Bachelors degree in a technology related field a plus
Relevant Job Experience:
- 2 or more years experience in an IT-related field
- 1 or more years professional experience in a business environment
- 1 or more years experience in customer service environment
Specialized Job/Technical Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of workstation operating systems, proficiency with current, company standard workstation operating system solutions
- Knowledge of various desktop and laptop hardware and software troubleshooting techniques and issues
- Basic knowledge of system administration functions (user creation, maintenance and security permissions; backups; etc.)
- Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN workstation connectivity in an Active Directory environment
- Basic knowledge of common user application(s) installation and configuration including Microsoft Office 365 and other related products
- Basic knowledge of configuration and installation of Microsoft Office 365 and collaborative workgroup functions
- A+ or equivalent experience
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds periodically
- Ability to sit, stand, and bend
- Follow all company safety procedures and safety regulations