Manager of Sales and Business Development
Posting Date: December 2019
PrairiE Systems – Sales
Location: Spencer, IA
Develop sales strategies with the goal of maximizing company’s profits and market share while ensuring customer retention and satisfaction are maintained. Under minimal supervision, plan, direct, and/or coordinate programs and initiatives to sustain and grow distribution of products and services to the customer. Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals, as well as, establish training programs for sales team. Create and maintain Customer Journeys by product as a core component of retaining customer retention.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the Sales infrastructure, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of our organization. Develop Strategies for all products, including marketing programs and pricing for field sales.
- Develop sales goals and articulate them to the sales team, development team, and executive management
- Coordinate with the Prairie Systems Director, PrairiE’s Preferred Channel partners, and Sales Force on all PrairiE Systems policies, sales organization structure, sales and marketing strategies, and tactics.
- Develop a strong sales plan that includes; sales activities with distributors, industry partners, and end user customers. Implementation of all aspects of the sales plan, including interaction with the distribution sales managers to ensure Preferred Channel Partners, distributors, and strategic partners are actively promoting the Prairie Systems product line in accordance with the sales and marketing plans.
- Identify sales support and training that each member of the sales team will need to achieve success
- Manage direct sales leads to the appropriate sales representative
- Identify and recruit channel partners and other market influencers to promote products and services
- Continually evaluate market changes of competition, pricing, and trends and report back to team members
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Lead the sales team sales team to success through coaching, goal setting and evaluation of sales leads and opportunities
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Coordinate and participate in promotional activities, trade shows, work with corporate team to market products or service
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner
- Negotiate contracts with customers and channel partners
- Initiate market research studies and analyze findings. Conduct surveys to identify potential markets.
Additional Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Review and Document Applications
- Perform Product testing and trouble shooting
Typical Work Environment:
- Majority of work is conducted in a vehicle at a customer location, or in the Spencer Iowa office, resulting in some temperature-controlled and non-temperature-controlled work environment. Local and long-distance travel is expected as needed to meet the needs of clients. Travel time could exceed 30%.
- BS Degree in Business, International or Marketing Management
- Knowledge of Live animal production
- Knowledge of Feed Manufacturing preferred
- 5+ years of experience in leading a sales and\or marketing team
- 1+ years of experience in agricultural animal production preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to analysis and document a sales and marketing plan
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate conveying information effectively.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and/or problems.
- Ability to persuade.
- Ability to use computer applications to manage information, creating and editing databases, retrieving records.
- Knowledgeable with Word/Excel/PowerPoint, internet navigation.
- Capable of time managing self and time of others.
- Motivate, develop and direct people as they work, identify the best people for team.
- Establish and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Creative thinker, outside the box mentality.
- Analyze forecasting data, market research data and survey assessments.
- Analyze date to inform operational decisions or activities.
- Ability to develop marketing plans
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs special events.
- Strong application of critical thinking skills along with exceptional problem solving.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, flexibility in responding to rapidly changing, dynamic processes and demands/pressures in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand, sit, drive, talk and listen
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more occasionally
- Follow all company safety procedures and safety regulations
- Follow customer defined bio-security measures to avoid transmitting disease.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.