Summary / Purpose of Position:
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The SEA serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all CEO matters. The SEA also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior leadership team members; organizes and coordinates executive team external relations efforts; and oversees and is highly involved in special projects including presence at key industry trade events.
The SEA must be creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced environment that is culture and results-driven. The ideal individual must exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The SEA will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Primary Job Responsibilities / Duties:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, staff, and others, on matters related to corporate initiatives.
- Coordinates administrative obligations to the Board of Directors; prepares presentations and board reports as appropriate.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response within United Animal Health.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal groups and teams; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior leadership team.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the organization and keeping the CEO updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Completes analysis of critical issues and coordinates with other internal departments to ensure needed analytical reports are completed to facilitate corporate decision making.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Senior Leadership Team Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the senior leadership team including assisting with scheduling, attending and capturing information at all team meetings.
- Works with the senior leadership team supporting development and communication of company’s vision and strategy.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior leadership team meetings and off-sites; assists yearly sales trip planning team to achieve trip objectives.
- Facilitates cross-group coordination of travel and plans when necessary.
Communications and Partnerships
- Ensures CEO’s bio is kept up-to-date and responds to requests for materials regarding him and the organization in general.
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to all internal employees and external stakeholders as appropriate; coordinates with Marketing regarding optimum communication medium.
- Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
Additional Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Assist other executives, as assigned
- Lead and supervise future administrative team to achieve cohesive unit to service all corporate functional areas.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Typical Work Environment:
- Majority of work is conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment
- Occasional overnight domestic and international travel
- Hybrid work-eligible
Minimum Job Qualification Requirements:
Education / Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Training in office equipment usage and procedures
Relevant Job Experience:
- 5 years job-related experience in executive level administrative functions
Specialized Job/Technical Knowledge:
- Knowledge of how to effectively use all forms of office & office communications equipment
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Microsoft TEAMs, ZOOM, WebEx, e-mail & phone systems
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and record-keeping skills.
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and investors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional intelligence and maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently; has the ability to address future needs while simultaneously focusing on the needs of the present and near term.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer centric service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Conveys positive outlook amidst challenges.
- Ability to lift 20 or more pounds periodically
- Follow all company safety procedures and regulations
Job Type: Full-time