Position Title: Staff Accountant
Department / Division: Finance/Corporate
Position Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Approx. # of People Supervised: 0
Summary / Purpose of Position:
The Staff Accountant’s responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, and maintaining accounts payable documentation. You will also be assisting the Chief Financial Officer as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
Primary Job Responsibilities / Duties, but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining financial reports, records and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing and treasury.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the Chief Financial Officer and finance staff as needed.
Additional Job Responsibilities / Duties
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Accounting assignments in other corporate operating segments and companies.
- Occasional travel required
Typical Work Environment
- Majority of work is conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment
In order to apply for this position, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
Minimum Job Qualification Requirements:
Education / Training:
- BS Degree in Accounting or equivalent professional experience
Relevant Job Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in basic accounting positions
- 2-3 years experience performing bank and inventory reconciliations
- 2-3 years experience conducting depreciation calculations
- 2-3 years experience tracking fixed assets
Specialized Job / Technical Knowledge:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices
- Knowledge of accounting software packages, preferably Dynamics GP & Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of how to perform financial reconciliations
- Knowledge of consolidated financial reporting principles
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical abilities
Licenses / Certification:
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds periodically
- Follow all company safety procedures and safety regulations
Additional Preferred Qualifications: