Position Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Team: Corporate / People Operations
Position Reports To: Director – People Operations
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Approx. # of People Supervised: 0
Career Level: P2
Summary/Purpose of Position:
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization.
Primary Job Responsibilities / Duties:
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Leads job posting and advertisement processes.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other People Operations staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Coordinates on-boarding process including pre-employment screening, checklist completion and communication to payroll.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and in-person and virtual recruiting sessions.
Additional Job Responsibilities / Duties
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Typical Work Environment
- Majority of work is conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment
- Flex Work / Hybrid schedule optional
Minimum Job Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications or other relevant major or equivalent professional experience
Relevant Job Experience:
- 1-2+ years professional experience in human resource positions
Specialized Job / Technical Knowledge:
- Knowledge of personnel administration and practices, including employment laws and regulations, compensation, benefits, safety, training, organizational development, recruiting, policy and employee relations concepts
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles
- Proficient with, or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking program
- Knowledge of how to use Microsoft Office software and HRIS system
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
Licenses / Certification:
- Ability to lift 20 or more pounds periodically
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and/or working on a computer
- Follow all company safety procedures and safety regulations
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Recruiting or People Operations (HR) experience in an ag-bioscience company
- SHRM-CP a Plus