Doug M. Webel, Ph.D.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Joined United Animal Health: 1998
- Ph.D. Comparative Nutrition – University of Illinois, 1997
- M.S. Animal Science, Swine Nutrition – University of Illinois, 1995
- B.S. Animal Science – University of Illinois, 1993
- President & CEO, United Animal Health, Inc., 2016-present
- Chief Operating Officer, Animal Nutrition & Health, 2007-2015
- Vice President, Emerging Technologies, 2005-2007
- Director of R&D, United Animal Health, Inc. 2004-2007
- Swine Nutritionist, United Feeds, Inc. 1998-2004
- American Society of Animal Science
- Poultry Science Association
- SAS/ADSA Outstanding Young Agribusiness Award in 2004
Raised in Central Illinois on a farrow to finish swine operation, Dr. Webel received his B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Illinois, the later completed in 1997. While working on his Ph.D. under the direction of Dr. D. H. Baker, he studied the interactions of nutrition and immunology in growing chicks and pigs.
Dr. Webel joined United Feeds, Inc. as a swine nutritionist immediately after completion of his doctoral degree. Since that time he has been heavily involved in both research and technical service. His research emphasis has been on nursery and grow-finish nutrition and management technologies that optimize carcass value and economic returns. More recently his focus has been on phosphorus nutrition and novel phytase technologies.
Dr. Webel is currently President and Chief Executive Officer at United Animal Health, Inc. He has authored or co-authored 23 peer-reviewed scientific articles, one book chapter and numerous abstracts and invited presentations.